söndag 12 april 2009

Materialistic Thoughts: Jersey & Sweatpants

First of all, I'd like to admit that I might be the wrong person to write this. After I got rid of my three sizes too large-hoodie from Tommy Hilfiger back in the beginning of high school, I've never worn anything made from jersey outside my home unless I've been to the gym or out jogging. Don't get me wrong. Done right, jersey sweaters, hoodies and even sweatpants can look great, on the right person. It's just not my personal style and honestly there are a lot of warning examples out there of how it looks when done wrong.

But lately we have seen many great examples of how it should be done. Well-known sites such as Jake Davis & The Selvedge Yard has posted about sweatpants. Brands such as Band of Outsiders, Mjolk & Silver Spoon Attire has made sweatpants that look almost taylored with a much slimmer fit than we're used to see. And Édifice made a pretty good jacket, as did swedish brand Acne, while Peter Jensen made a really nice pair of shorts.

All in all, this has made way for a much more versatile use of clothing made out of jersey which probably will make people who usually are more conservative dressers (like myself) to take the step into wearing this in a non work-out context. I welcome this change as it's always nice when pieces find a new audience and a more versatile use. As inspiration I'll give you my two personal favourites below.

Silver Spoon Attire Sweatpants SS09

Isabelle Marant SS09

4 kommentarer:

  1. You stole my thing, E! Seriously, I will kill you. Or maybe I'll just write a big guide on button-downs or something and fuck it up real bad on purpose...

    Impressed that you picked up on the Peter Jensen's, the rest are no-brainers. Know exactly how they got on your radar. Waaaaay too easy.

    Should have mentioned Carin Wester, the uncrowned queen of jersey, though. She's done some pretty rad jersey-stuff earlier, including one of my favorite sweaters. Gonna have to give you a slap on the wrist for missing out on that!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hahaha. Don't touch my button-downs, or I'll kill you!I just figured I'd write it from the perspective of someone who isn't that into sweaters and such usually.

    I'm that obvious am I? Yeah, right mr. I-got-it-from-Kanye's-blog..

    Wester is my bad, slipped my mind. I'll let you do that one! Don't know which sweater you mean though, the black zipped one?

    SvaraRadera
  3. You two... Never gets old, does it?

    SvaraRadera
  4. T: NEVER. Hahahaha!

    E: Ouch, that one hurt... Or maybe not. And yeah, you are.

    Not the black one, dude. Grey, looks just like this,
    only not that oversized. Only bad thing is I'm not the only one who likes it, there's like five others back home with the exact same one..

    SvaraRadera