tisdag 20 oktober 2009

Style | The Nylon Backpack

I've tried to steer clear of any backpacks ever since I finally managed to convince my mom that all the cool kids wore messenger bags. I really don't know why I'm so skeptic to them. Maybe I associate them with those painfully optimistic outdoorsy types that gives you blisters just by existing. Maybe I've just have bad experiences with them. Either way, as I said I've avoided them for a long time and I swore when Raf Simons or whoever it was started showing them on the runway a couple of seasons ago that this was one thing (along with clogs & fannypacks) I was not gonna get caught up in.

But a lot has happened since then and here I am now actually considering giving up my messenger bags and tote bags and crawl back to the practical backpack. Maybe surprisingly, but the best options doesn't come in leather or canvas but rather in Prada's signature fabric, nylon. Some might think I've lost my mind (or at least my sense of style) for even considering this but in my defense there actually are a couple of nice alternatives out there these days (no I'm not talking about the Eastpack collaborations, sorry mr. Simons & mr. Owens). And they're more ergonomic than other kind of bags, which means they're better for your back. Just ask your mom.


A.P.C.



COS


Browns


Ps. Feel free to note the similarities between them. Who said fashion is about being unique?!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar