torsdag 11 juni 2009

The Style Is Right | Pitbull Mansion

As good as something looks on it's own, you never know it's full potential until you see it in a context. That's why the lookbook is so important to me. It really gives you the opportunity to both gain some insight into the designer's vision for the collection but also the collection's possibilities for combining, mixing and matching.

Something I find strange is the absence of lookbook's from stores. I mean, they've got all these amazing pieces from great designer's but choose to show them spread out by themselves or, in best (or maybe worst) case, combined insanely on a lifeless mannequin doll. Don't get me wrong, getting to see the the garment on it's own, in detail, is very important but you also need to see how it works with other pieces, right?

Fortunately some out there have gotten the point. We showcased Studio Homme's masterpiece a while back. Michael Williams of A Continuous Lean posted the spring 2009 lookbook from japanese store Isetan back in may. It featured some truly great looks (if you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you check it out) which really made me want to buy the clothes which, I might add, should be the whole point of stores styling efforts.

More recently, The Fashionisto brought us some pictures from the lookbook that australian retailer Pitbull Mansion had compiled (the picture above is one of the photos from it). I must admit I never heard of most of the brand, but the lookbook sparked my interest and thanks to their effort I will definitely check them out. Another clear case of styling done right.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar