tisdag 3 november 2009

Object | Martin Margiela - Replica Granddad Cardigan

Though I can't honestly claim that fall/winter is my favorite time of the year, what with the colds, flus and cold feet (seriously, don't ask. You don't want to get me started on the subject of cold feet) it does have it's perks. One of them is the chance to cozy up in nice, oversized cable-knitted cardigans that somehow just seems to shield you from the rest of the world, no matter how cold it is. 

I have a quite sizeable collection of such cardigans but I might just add one more to it this season. One of the options that have caught my eye is this 'granddad replica cardigan'. Apparently "Replica" is a project of Margiela where they reproduce found garments from different periods and places. This one comes courtesy of Sweden, 1969.

What else can be said about it then? Well for one cream is a bit more of an unusual colorway, but one that still works really great in the winter. And belting is always a nice detailing on a chunky cardigan in my opinion. The shawl collar and the front pockets perfects the look and makes this pretty much my ideal cardigan. Those swedes sure knew how to make a cardigan back in the days!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar